Cannabidiol (CBD) oil is a supplement which has a myriad of uses and has been gaining more exposure as time progresses. This is due to the wide variety of ailments which it helps treat. Whether this is the first time you’re hearing of CBD oil or you already know a lot about it, you’ve come to the right place in finding out the top CBD oil uses.
You might be asking yourself is CBD oil cannabis? It’s an oil which derived from the cannabis plant, however, it does not have the psychoactive effects of cannabis. This is due to the fact that cannabis contains both CBD and THC, the compounds have very different in the effects they have. THC is the component of cannabis which causes psychoactive effects, whereas CBD is not psychoactive – CBD does not alter the state of mind of the user how cannabis would.
How CBD Works
The CBD compound works by activating various receptors in your body such as serotonin and adenosine receptors. Serotonin receptors deal with anxiety, nausea, pain perception and appetite and adenosine receptors provide anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety effects of CBD.
CBD Oil Uses
There are plenty of uses for CBD oil which range from treating chronic diseases such as arthritis and depression to helping against problems such as insomnia. However, here are a list of the top CBD oil uses:
- Pain-Relief and Reduction of Inflammation: Generally, if you want pain-relief you need to buy over the counter prescription drugs. CBD provides a natural alternative to this as it is very promising in the role of reducing pain-associated ailments due to its inflammatory effects.
- Helps Against Anxiety: Research has shown that CBD oil helps with anxiety disorders such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), social anxiety disorder as well as general anxiety disorder. CBDs activation of various receptors help reduce anxiety without the side effects which and symptoms which can arise from over the counter prescription medications.
- Drug and Smoking Withdrawal: A study on CBD oil was performed with individuals who wished to quit smoking. Half the individuals were given CBD oil to vaporize and inhale when they felt the urge to smoke, and the other half were given a placebo. It was found that those with the CBD oil reduced their intake by approximately 40%. A similar study was performed using CBD oil to treat opioid addiction.
- Acne Treatment: Acne is caused in part due to your sebaceous glands and inflammation. CBD oil helps fight acne due to its anti-inflammation properties as well as the fact that it has been observed to lower the body’s production of sebum (The oily secretion from the sebaceous glands).
- Epilepsy and Mental Disorders: CBD was shown to have anticonvulsant properties in a study and CBD supresses the effects of THC (The main psychotic ingredient in cannabis) as such, CBD appears to have antipsychotic effects which could help fight a wide variety of mental disorders. Research into this field is still relatively new yet shows a promising future.
- Helps Against Type-1 Diabetes: This form of diabetes is a product of inflammation due to the immune system attacking cells within the pancreas. Due to the anti-inflammatory effects of CBD there is a correlation between CBD helping against type 1 diabetes and a reduction in inflammation of the pancreas.
- Helps Against Cancer: It’s been known for a long time that cannabis helps cancer patients, hence the medical marijuana license. A study involving the effects of CBD in cancer patients showed that the compound tended to suppress cancer cell growth.
As can be seen there are a staggering amount of diseases and ailments which CBD oil can be used to treat, and as time goes on and CBD oil gets more exposure the list will only continue to grow. In case you’re wondering if CBD oil is legal it is currently CBD oil is legal in all 50 states within the U.S. provided it contains less than 0.3% THC. This is huge for CBD oil’s growth, as it means more people can get their hands on it without fear of the law, and why wouldn’t you want to try out CBD oil considering all the benefits it offers. When buying CBD oil always be mindful to buy from a reputable source, as there is a chance you can be sold a rip-off. That’s why here at Bad Ass CBD Oil we take pride in saying Purity by Process and only offer the highest quality hemp extract with no preservatives, hexane or additives!